Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More work on the side & rear windows...

Ok.. More rehab today -- the entire day.. I focused on getting the right rear window taken care of -- the first pic shows the state of things after I removed the spare tire mounting hardware (4 bolts protruding through the LD and into the inside) along with the plywood that was underneath the bolts...

The pics below shows the first sheet panel in place after drawing up a template using cardboard... No nails yet...

The next pics show the panels glued up and nailed.. I used PL poly construction adhesive..

Below are pics with the gel stain applied... along with a pic of the stain we used..

Here are the final pics for the evening -- we got the window installed with the help of my daughter who put in the first few screws as I held the window in place outside.. Unfortunately I ran out of caulk to complete the task -- mental note -- this window takes an ENTIRE tube of 3M 5200 caulk just to install it -- I still need more to go back and cover up the rubber as it's showing in a few places and to make the seal look neater -- a task for tomorrow.. Luckily this stuff doesn't cure for 7 days -- plenty of time to monkey with it..

No comments:

Post a Comment